Monday, May 17, 2010

Pasta, Pasta, Pasta

I am sensing a trend with myself; it seems that I am now on a roll with pasta dishes. Here is another vegetarian pasta, which could also be layered between lasagne sheets.

Baked Pasta with Spinach and Pine Nuts:
(Serves 4 - 6)

Ingredients:

2 Large Leeks, Sliced
2 Peppers (I used Green), Diced
1 Packet Baby Spinach
Dried Chilli Flakes
Salt and Pepper
Drizzle of Healthy Oil (I used Peanut)

White Sauce:

1/3 Cup Corn Starch
2 Cups Soya Milk/ Rice Milk
Salt and Pepper
Grated Nutmeg

1/2 Packet of Pasta (I used Puccini Fusilli Maize Pasta that I bought from Dischem)

Directions:

Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
Fry the leeks, with a sprinkle of salt, until tender
Add the peppers and fry for a few minutes
Add the spinach, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and fry until spinach has wilted. Set mixture aside.
Make a white sauce with the corn starch and milk - heat until thickened (you may need a little less or more milk until you have reached the desired consistency)
Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to the sauce, to taste
Pour spinach mixture into the white sauce and stir to combine
Cook pasta until a little under al dente
Place pasta and spinach and white sauce mixture into a baking dish
Bake for about 15 minutes, until a crust has formed on the top of the pasta
Sprinkle with pine nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment