Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The End of An Era

My life is food and food is my life.

I think about it on a daily basis, no, wait! Make that - an hourly basis. I probably think about food as often as guys think about sex. (Now that's a lot ;-))

Before the allergies - food excited me in an absurdly free way. I concocted new recipes and my only limitation was my imagination... I had no restrictions - all ingredients had free rein and my boyfriend Andre, as well as my friends, were my guinea pigs. Life was good. Life was great!

Planning for a dinner party excited me and scared me at the same time. How would my friends react to my cooking? Would they think I was a good cook? Or would my worst fears be realised and the food not be eaten or the comments not be positive?

Relief - my newly created recipes with exotic names were a success!

Sleep after a dinner party was always sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment