In fact, I want to entertain more!
Because I am feeling so good and have discovered so many new and different ingredients, since the start of my journey, I want to share it all with my friends.
I invited my friend Tarrin over one Sunday afternoon for one of my healthy, yet tasty salads.
I must say I was a little nervous - here was me sharing a piece of my new self with someone other than my boyfriend, who has no choice but to eat everything I put in front of him :)
Here goes nothing...
On the menu:
Honey Glazed Chicken Breast Salad:
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- chilli flakes
- Mix all ingredients together and brush over the chicken breasts.
- Grill in a preheated oven, I set mine to about 200 degrees celsius, until the chicken has gone golden brown from the glaze and is still moist - about 10 to 15 minutes (cut one breast open just to make sure it is translucent inside and is not still pink - if still pink cook for another few minutes, but take care not to burn the breasts)
- Fresh coriander
- Orange segments
- Dry toasted pine nuts
- Make a dressing using a bit of olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, honey, chilli flakes and a dash of salt to counter balance the sweetness, and a grind of black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces
- Toss the salad together, arrange artfully on the plate, layer the chicken around and drizzle over the dressing
- o Vodka
- o Fresh watermelon
- o Lime cordial
- o Ice
- o Teaspoon of fructose
- o Blend all ingredients in a blender, pour into martini glasses and add a few mint leaves or cucumber shavings for decoration