It's time for comforting soups and stews and snuggling under the duvet.
This evening, I felt inspired to pay homage to autumn and it's vibrancy with a deliciously sweet and magnificently red
Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
(Serves 2 - 3)
The aroma that fills the kitchen, from the roasting veggies, wraps its arms around you in a cozy, delectable embrace.
- 12 - 13 Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Large Red Peppers
- 2 - 3 Red Onions
- A Teaspoon or 2 of Paprika
- A Teaspoon or 2 of Xylitol
- A Teaspoon or 2 of Herbal Salt
- A Drizzle of Olive Oil
- A Sheet of Tin Foil
- A Glug of Macadamia Nut Oil
- A Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
- A Sprinkle of Herbal Salt
- A Grind of Black Pepper
- A Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Cover a baking tray with tin foil, brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Xylitol, Paprika and Herbal Salt
- Deseed peppers and cut into quarters. Lay skin up on the tray
- Slice tomatoes in half and lay skin up on the tray
- Peel onions, cut in half and lay on the tray
- Brush all items with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and herbal salt again
- Place in oven and roast for 20 - 30 minutes, until soft and the skin is blistering
- Remove skins, being careful because they're hot!
- Chop de-skinned veggies roughly and place in a saucepan with the juices that were released while roasting
- Simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes, adding a little water to reduce the thickness
- Taste the soup - you may want to add some more paprika and herbal salt
- Blend soup
- Blitz together pesto ingredients
- Top the soup with the pesto and enjoy!