Saturday, July 24, 2010

Death by Chocolate Part 2

Some of the best inventions are born from accidents and such is the case with my next recipe. You see, I was trying to make fudge, which went awry. Instead, what I created was a rather delicious ice cream. I have no regrets - I will tackle the fudge another day :)

Accidental Chocolate Ice Cream:
Serves 2 (increase quantities to cater for more people)

*This recipe is not recommended for people who are highly allergic to dairy - the chocolate I use does not list dairy as one of the ingredients, but is produced in a factory that uses dairy

Ingredients:

1 Cup Coconut Milk
*Half Slab Albany Smooth Dark Chocolate
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar/ Fructose/ Xylitol
1 Teaspoon Good Quality Cocoa (Dairy Free)

Optional Extra: Pecan Nuts/ Walnuts

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a pot on the stove
Slowly heat, while stirring, until the chocolate has melted
Bring mixture to a gentle boil for about 20 minutes
Add the crushed nuts (if using) and stir to combine
Transfer to a freezer container
Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment