Thursday, July 8, 2010

Effortless

If you are looking for a no thinking, effortless, yet tasty breakfast, lunch or anytime snack one of my bests is sardines on toast.

I know this isn't to everyone's tastes, but sardines are very good for you, being rich in omega 3 fatty acids, essential for the body, plus they come in a tin - you can't get simpler than that! (You could be adventurous and try fresh or frozen sardines - but I haven't been that brave yet.)

This is perfect for me on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning when I haven't planned any of my meals.


Sardines on Rice Toast:
(Serves 1)

Ingredients:

1 Tin Sardines in Tomato Sauce
A Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, Roughly Chopped
A Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Herbal Salt
Paprika
Cracked Black Pepper
1 -2 Slices Sour Dough Rice Bread (Fresh Earth or Fruits and Roots sells this - and I'm sure other health shops do too)

Directions:

Open the tin of sardines, place contents into a bowl and mash with a fork
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
Put the bread onto toast - I love this bread because it tastes just like white bread with a lovely crunch when toasted
Place the sardines on the toast
And Voila! A quick and tasty no nonsense meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment