Friday, November 19, 2010

Red Thai Curry

With some of the left over curry paste from my Sonia Cabano Thai fishcakes, I made a simple

Chicken Red Thai Curry
(Serves 2 - 4)

Red Curry Paste (Adapted from Delia Smith)

4 Medium Red Thai Chillies, Deseeded and Chopped
2 Level Teaspoons Ground Cumin
3 Stems Lemon Grass, Trimmed and Chopped
2 Level Teaspoons Grated Fresh Ginger
Grated Zest and Juice 2 Lemons (or Limes)
1 Level Tablespoon Ground Peri Peri or Hot Paprika
1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce*
1 Teaspoon Soya Sauce*
1 Teaspoon Fructose
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt

*Fish Sauce does contain yeast - leave it out if you are highly allergic
*Make sure the soya sauce you use is gluten free

Ingredients:

2 - 3 Tablespoons Red Thai Curry Paste (see above)
3 - 4 Chicken Breasts, Sliced
1 Onion, Diced
1 Yellow Pepper, Sliced
Handful Mange Tout
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 - 2 Teaspoon Fructose
2 - 3 Lime Leaves
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Squeeze Lemon or Lime (Optional)

Directions:

Bash all curry paste ingredients in a pestle and mortar and then whiz in a blender so that the lemon grass is broken up
Fry onion until translucent
Add the curry paste and fry for a few minutes
Add the coconut milk and lime leaves
Add the chicken and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes until the chicken is opaque
Add the fructose and salt and pepper and lemon, if using, to taste
Serve with basmati or jasmine rice

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful creation. I can't wait to try some of your recipes. I have no food allergies, but I do enjoy following a diet low in sugar and gluten. My father and sister are both diabetic - family hereditary, have already lost 5 uncles to diabetes, so I am very careful about my diet. Prevention is better than cure. Also one the big reasons I exercise so religiously and keep my body fat lower. Thanks for the great site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit Rose :) You are so right about prevention being better than cure! I am sorry to hear about your family history of Diabetes and your loss - diet plays such a huge part in our daily lives that we must eat correctly and look after ourselves as best we can. I look forward to your thoughts on my recipes :)

    ReplyDelete