Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemade Ketchup!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

I am seriously kicking myself - why oh why didn't I think of this sooner - if I think about all of those sauceless homemade burgers, naked homemade chips, and all other dishes eaten sans sauce that are not quite complete without tomatoey goodness...? Well not anymore I tell you - never again will I be without my stash of tommy sauce and do you know why?

It's cos I am so damn clever that's why! ;-)

Yeastless tomato sauce - I never imagined - sorry I am babbling, but I am just so H-A-P-P-Y! hAPPy, hApPy, HaPpY!

And if you want your very own stash of Homemade Ketchup:

This is what you do:

Ingredients:
(Makes about 100mls - double the quantities to make more)

5 Tomatoes
80grams Fructose
Juice Half Lemon
1Tbs Herbal Salt (To Counterbalance Sweetness)
Squeeze of Yeast Free and Gluten Free Soya Sauce, such as Bragg Liquid Aminos (can be found at health shops)
1tsp Dried Oreganum
1tsp Paprika
Crack or Two of Black Pepper

Directions:

Roughly chop tomatoes
Put all ingredients into a pot and boil on high for 5 - 10 minutes
Strain so that you are just left with the liquid
Boil again for a few more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken
And there you have it - homemade ketchup
So simple and soooooooooooooo yummy! :)

The amount of fructose may seem like a lot, you can try and use less if you like, but I think it is necessary to provide jam-like properties

I served my ketchup with homemade sweet potato chips and meatballs

Remember to enter the October Cinnamon Sue Competition. Entries close on 31 October 2010. Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment